Your privacy is important to us. It is Techademy’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://techademy.net, and other sites we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
In general, you can visit the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. By providing your Personal Information to us, you explicitly agree to our collection and use of such information as described in this Policy.
If you choose to register, and are 13 years of age or older, we will collect and process such information from you, including but not limited to the below mentioned(“Personal Information”):
- (a)Information that you provide to us by filling in forms. This includes contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, financial information, if any, unique identifiers such as preferences information such as favourites lists, transaction history.
- (b)Information that you provide when you write directly to us (including by e-mail).
- (c)Information that you provide to us by writing on our blogs;
- (d)Information relating to logs is automatically reported by your browser each time you access our Site. When you use the Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, referring/ exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We use this information, which does not identify users, to analyze trends and to gather demographic information about the user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
- (e)We may collect information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies help us improve our Site and deliver a better and personalized service. Cookies enable Us:
- i.to estimate Our users’ usage size and pattern;
- ii.to store information about your preferences, and allow us to customize our Site according to your interests;
- iii.to speed up your searches;
- (f)to recognize you when you return to our Site.
Usage of Collected Information
We use the information we collect for following purposes, including:
- (a)To provide, personalise, maintain and improve our products and services, such as to enable support and other services, enable features to personalise your account;
- (b)To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the relevant information and services;
- (c)To administer and enhance the security of our Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- (d)To provide you with information about services we consider similar to those that you are already using, or have enquired about, or may interest you such as promotional offers. If you are a registered user, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or push notifications or SMS or telephone) with information about these services;
- (e)To understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), process and complete your transactions, make special offers, provide customer support, process and respond to your queries;
- (f)To generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns;
- (g)To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, if any; or
- (h)To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- (i)To remind you of completing payments to obtain course access and remind you about class timings or class reschedule or class cancellations if any
We may combine the information that we receive from third parties with the information you give to us and information we collect about you for the purposes set out above. Further, we may anonymize and/or de-identify information collected from you through the Services or via other means, including via the use of third-party web analytic tools. As a result, our use and disclosure of aggregated and/or de-identified information is not restricted by this Policy, and it may be used and disclosed to others without limitation.
We analyse the log files of our Platform that may contain Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring, app crashes, page viewed and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. This helps us to administer the website, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We are committed to protecting children’s privacy online. This Site is intended for users above the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect payment related information from children.
If you use or provide services on the Site for which we implement a billing system for you, we will collect additional information from you so that we can process and collect billing information. For example, we may collect your mailing address to remit payments.
The Site uses software tags called “Cookies” to identify customers when they visit our Site. Cookies are used to remember user preferences and maximize performance of our services. The information we collect with cookies is not sold, rented, or shared with any outside parties. Users who disable their Web browser’s ability to accept cookies will be able to browse our Site but may not be able to successfully use our Service.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. Persistent cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site.
Third Party Cookies:
Web pages may contain an electronic file called a pixel that allows a web site to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies. We may use web beacons in the following ways:
- •We use web beacons within the Site in order to count users and to recognize users by accessing our cookies.
- •Being able to access our cookies allows us to personalize your user experience.
- •In general, any file served as part of a web page, including an ad banner, can act as a web beacon.
Links to Third Party Sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our affiliated merchants, partner networks, affiliates and other third parties. The inclusion of a link does not imply any endorsement by us of the third party website, the website’s provider, or the information on the third party website. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may be governed by their own privacy policies and we disclaim all responsibility or liability with respect to these policies or the websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any information to these websites.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
This policy is effective as of 1 September 2020.