Bite-sized learning: How It Can Benefit Your Employees
Table of Contents
There are many benefits of using bite-sized learning in corporate training programs. For example, it allows employees to learn at their own pace and focus on the topics that are most important to them. Also, this type of learning can be extremely beneficial for employees because it encourages them to think critically about what they’re being taught instead of just memorizing facts from books or lectures.
The Benefits of learning in nuggets:
- Increased Engagement and Knowledge Retention Rates – One of the main advantages of microlearning is that it allows employees to focus on one topic at a time. This type of learning is highly engaging, which means they’ll be more likely to retain what they’ve learned.
- Decreased Time Spent Training – Another benefit of microlearning is that it’s very quick and easy for employees to complete. They don’t need a lot of time to learn new information because it’s broken down into small chunks instead of being presented all at once.
- Increased Productivity – When employees are able to learn at their own pace, they’re more likely to be productive. This is because they won’t feel overwhelmed by new information and will be able to focus on the tasks at hand.
How to Incorporate learning nuggets
Now that you know the benefits, let’s take a look at how you can start incorporating it into your corporate training program. Here are a few tips:
- Start with small doses – When introducing new information to employees, start by giving them small doses instead of bombarding them with all the information at once. This will help them learn and retain the information more effectively.
- Use multimedia – When possible, use multimedia to present the information in a way that is engaging and easy to understand. This will help employees learn the material better and remember it for longer.
- Let employees choose their own learning paths – One of the best things about microlearning is that it allows employees to choose their own learning paths. You can give them an overview of what they need to learn and then let them decide how best to do it.
- Test employees – Testing employees on the information they’ve learned is a great way to ensure that they’re retaining it! This will help you know if there are any gaps in knowledge or areas where more training is needed.
Making the most of bite-sized learning:
Microlearning is an effective way to train your employees, but it’s important that you stay up-to-date with the latest trends. Here are a few tips on how to keep microlearning fresh and relevant:
- Keep it short – One of the most popular trends in microlearning is keeping videos short (less than two minutes). This allows employees to watch and learn new information quickly and easily.
- Incorporate different media – In addition to videos, use other forms of multimedia such as infographics, audio recordings, and interactive modules. This will keep employees engaged and help them learn the material better.
- Use gamification – Gamification is a great way to make learning more fun and engaging for employees! This can include adding challenges or leaderboards so that it feels like they’re playing a game instead of just watching videos.
So, what are you waiting for? Start using this bite-sized learning in your L&D initiatives today!