In today’s complex vastly metamorphosed workplace and learning environment it is not business as usual for learners. The situation is unique to each learner and each organization as they grapple to find new ways of learning and stay relevant for their different learning and workplace eco-systems.
Different goal paths
Learning experience platforms, thus, especially those intelligent learning ones that connect learners to relevant and retainable contents and to their peers, besides unique and helpful learning experiences, are the ones that help empower learners and enable them to chart their different goal paths with ease.
Multiple learning avenues
Thanks to our lucky stars, and of course the global internet boom, today learning experience platforms are just a click away from us. Learners have multiple learning avenues to fall back on without having to physically attend a session. Lets then explore – what are these platforms and how useful they are in skilling and up-skilling learners.
Learning experience platforms come with their different unique software and system, easily accessible and device-friendly so learners can access learning on their pocket mobiles while on the move and on their laptops and desktop computers back at home. These platforms are marked by their ubiquitous learning delivery systems at a pace of learners’ choosing and most significantly come at an affordable price.
LMS, LXP, VILT etc
So, to name some of them, you have platforms like LMS [Learning Management System], LXP [Learning Experience Platform], Vilt [Virtual instructor-led training]. Vilt has an effective and impressive track record of providing learning in a virtual or simulated environment, or when learner and instructor are at different locations.
- Driven by AI, Learning Experience Platform or LXP is peer-learning software.
- It has been designed to create more personalized learning experiences for learners.
- As an intuitive learning and development platform, LXP delivers online learning experience using software as a service or SaaS also sometimes referred to as on-demand software.
- LXP obviously stands out as it enables learners to answer important business queries besides giving them opportunities to upscale professional competencies.
- Unlike LXP, LMS or Learning Management System give learners a somewhat restricted learning experience.
- Here the learning processes such as sequencing of courses etc are controlled by company administrators.
- LMS has however an important role to play as a compliance training software.
- It keeps learners constantly abreast with latest legislation, regulation and policy decisions and ensures adherence or compliance to them thus helping them avoid disruptions at workplaces on account of possible non-compliance.
Not content with the existing range of learning experiences, organizations can facilitate learners with other modes to make learning much more holistic. These could be in the form of- observational learning, learning and development, mobile learning, experience platforms, VILT sessions, training programs, learning experiences, social interaction, People learn, education institutions, learning materials – These could all be combined on Unified Learning Experience Platforms as well.
- At no point of time in recent history has the culture of online learning gained so much traction as it has today.
- With an increasing number of learners, about 50 per cent according to a recent survey of distance learners, opting for online courses, the participants in the survey praised how effectively it facilitated learning experiences through interaction with peers and learning in a virtual environment among other things.
- Other benefits – It’s a great money saver. It gives learners flexibility to choose between a normal 16-week and a fast paced 8-week course.
- Computer based training [CBT] or online training with its myriad multimedia-based learning resources such as graphics, audio-video materials and web links makes learning a gripping and engaging experience.
- Learners can have training on the go, anywhere, at any point of time, supported by small, short and smart contents that stick easily and make learning an enduring experience.
- It includes a range of elements such as training courses, development programmes, online learning and development activities making it an all-encompassing learning platform for learners.
- It also gives learners the opportunity to experience the culture of continuous learning and grow as a professional.
DXP for effective communication
DXP or Digital Experience Platform is a modern-day communication tool that facilitates exchange of information through speaking and listening to customers, learners, audience, employees providing as per Gartner, ‘contextualized digital experiences’ to develop ‘meaningful relationship’.
M-learning or Mobile learning platform provides the most powerful learning experience by ensuring seamless delivery of contents cutting across multiple contexts and platforms ‘through social and content interactions’ using any device and time of learners’ choosing.
To sum up, learning experience platforms are important catalysts to learners’ empowerment either in a learning or a workplace environment. Their usefulness can be best judged by their ability to enhance the learning processes and experience for an accelerated growth in organisation businesses and employees’ career graph. It’s a win-win situation for both.